free mathmatics material for iit jee Trigonometrical ratios,identities and functionsNovember 6, 2018
Download free pdf NCERT books in hindi medium class 11 accountancy-II(लेखाशात्र )-IINovember 10, 2018
National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting body of NEET 2019. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the largest entrance examination for admissions to medical, dental, and AYUSH courses in the country.
- NEET was introduced by CBSE in 2016, replacing AIPMT, as a National entrance examination held yearly for admission to medical and dental courses of country.
- NEET 2019 will offer a total of almost 90,000 MBBS and BDS seats to the medical and dental colleges of India except for AIIMS and JIPMER. Since 2018, CBSE had mandated the admission to AYUSH courses in India on the basis of NEET UG only.
- Conducting body of exam is the National Testing Agency (NTA), instead of CBSE.
- The exam will be held once a year, and there will be no change in the exam pattern.
- The mode of conduction of NEET 2019 will be offline only, as a pen and paper test.
Highlights of Exam
Name of the Examination National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)
Examination Conducting body National Testing Agency
Examination level National
Examination category Undergraduate
Purpose of examination Admission to medical, dental, and AYUSH courses in India
(except AIIMS and JIPMER)
NEET Important Dates 2019
Application form release date 1st November, 2018
Last date to register 30th November, 2018
Exam Date 5th May, 2019
Declaration of results 5th June, 2019
- The age of candidates must at least be 17 years as on 31st December, 2019.
- The candidates must not exceed 25 years in age as on 6th May, 2019.
- The candidates must have qualified in Class 12 or qualifying examination or must be appearing in the same in 2019.
- In qualifying exam candidates must have scored aggregate of 50% (for unreserved), 45% (for Physically Handicapped -PH), & 40% (for reserved including PH reserved) in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidates are required to have studied Biology/Biotechnology with practicals in both Classes 11 & 12. Candidates with Biology as an additional subject in Class 12 alone are also eligible for NEET 2019
NEET Application Form 2019
- The mode of release and submission of the NEET 2019 application form will be only online.
- The candidates firstly are required to register themselves by providing details as email id, contact number etc. Once registered, candidates can login by using their login ID and password.
- Candidates need to fill the online application form wherein they have to provide all of the required personal and academic information.
- Candidates are required to upload scanned images of their photograph, signature and right-hand index finger impression, in NEET 2019 online application. The images should be uploaded properly and should be according to the specifications (to be notified by NTA).
- Candidates will be required to pay the application fee. The mode of payment of application fee will be online
Categories Application Fees
General/OBC Candidates Rs. 1,400
SC/ST/PH Candidates Rs. 750
Mode of Examination Offline (Pen and Paper)
Duration of Examination 3 hours
Total Number of Questions 180 Questions
Sections Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology – 90 Questions
Marking Scheme +4 marks for each correct answer;
-1 mark for each wrong answer;
0 mark for each unanswered question
Maximum Marks 720 marks
Category Reservation percentage
OBC (Other Backward Classes) 27%
Scheduled Caste (SC) 15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST) 7.5%
Physically Handicapped (PH) 5%